G. Cole Casey, San Diego DUI Attorney Bio
Through his hard work, G. Cole Casey has become a highly respected San Diego DUI lawyer whose practice is limited to the defense of persons accused of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Southern California. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, having decided early on that he wanted to spend his career as a trial attorney.
Accordingly, in law school, Mr. Casey was captain of both the Moot Court Team and the Mock Trial Team. After graduation and admission to the bar, he took an associate position with a large insurance defense firm in San Diego. However, frustrated with the lack of courtroom time and the prospect of rarely ever getting to actually try cases, Mr. Casey went into private practice as a San Diego DUI Attorney after just one year of being admitted to the State Bar and immediately launched his career as a well-known and accomplished San Diego DUI trial lawyer.
*Attorney Casey is certified as both a practitioner and instructor in the administration of standardized DUI field sobriety tests under the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration guidelines.
As one of California’s most active and successful DUI Trial Lawyers, he is frequently asked to speak and instruct other defense and DUI attorneys, as well as law enforcement personnel, on the topic of drunk driving legalities.
His clients have included athletes, celebrities, CEOs of Fortune 100 companies, and law enforcement officers, including officers from the California Highway Patrol. Mr. Casey attempts to try at least 20 San Diego drunk driving cases per year.
- NCDD at Harvard University: Graduate of 16 DUI Defense Sessions
- NHTSA (Nat’l Hwy Traffic Safety Assoc.) DUI Field Sobriety Test: Certified Instructor & Practitioner
- National College of DUI Defense: former California State Delegate to the NCDD
- National College of DUI Defense: former Head State Delegate – governing all 49 other State Delegates
- National College of DUI Defense (NCDD-the only DUI Accrediting Assn. in U.S): Sustaining Member
- California DUI Lawyers Association: Specialist Member San Diego Attorney Board of Directors seat holder.
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice: Member & Expert Guest Speaker
- California State Bar Association: Member since 1996
- San Diego County Bar Association: Member since 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit: Member since 1996
- San Diego DUI Defense Associates: Founder
DUI Seminars & Lectures Taught by Attorney G. Cole Casey
- “DUI-from A to DMV” – San Diego, CA, Host/Guest Speaker 2004, 2009, 2012
- “Rules of the Road VII – DUI Defense”: Palm Springs, CA
- “Standardized Field Sobriety Testing”: San Francisco, CA & Las Vegas, NV (4 annual sessions)
- “DUI Start to Finish”: Reno, NV
- “California Public Defenders Association”: Annual DUI Seminar, Monterey, CA
- “Rules of the Road VIII”: Palm Springs, CA
- “Masters of DUI Defense”: Atlanta, GA
- California Public Defenders Association: Guest Speaker & Instructor
- California Defense Lawyers Assoc. Annual Seminar: Keynote Speaker, March 2010
- “California Drunk Driving Defense Manual”: (aka “The Bible”): Co-author
- “National Jury Trial Research”: Expert Guest Speaker of Jury Insight Project
- “California Drunk Driving Defense”–West Publishing
- De Anza JC: Graduate 1983 A/A Economics
- San Diego State University: Graduate 1988 B/A Economics
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego:
- Graduate, 1996
- Captain -Moot Court
- Captain -Mock Trial Teams
Recent Statements about Cole Casey by other Attorneys
I have known Cole Casey for nine years as a member of the National College for DUI Defense. Cole is a skilled and charismatic trial lawyer, who knows how to effectively persuade courts and juries to benefit his clients. In the tough world of California law, Cole Casey stands out as one of the best – and his reputation for excellence is of national proportion. I enthusiastically endorse Cole Casey. Attorney Andrew Mishlove
As President of the CA DUI Lawyer’s Association I send all my DUI cases to Cole Casey at DUIsandiego.com. He is an excellent trial lawyer and rely on his assistance whenever I find myself in trial. Not hiring a lawyer to advocate on your behalf is a mistake. A bigger mistake is not hiring Cole Casey for your San Diego DUI. Attorney Vincent Tucci
I have known Attorney Casey from when he was faculty for the small group sessions at the NCDD session at the Harvard Law School. He has helped me hone my trial and advocacy skills. I endorse him and thank him. You could do no wrong if he was your attorney. Attorney Justin McShane
Cole Casey is, simply, the best DUI defense attorney in the San Diego area — and one of the best in the state. His technical expertise is excellent, but his trial skills are exceptional. When a San Diego cop, prosecutor or judge is arrested for drunk driving, this is the attorney they go to. Larry Taylor, DUI Lawyer, author of California Drunk Driving Defense, and founder of the National College for DUI Defense